Gravity Horizon is a Registered Trademark of QinetiQ Sweden AB (org. no: 556802-4284, Swedish Companies Registration Office)
IMPORTANT NOTICE & DISCLAIMER
Individuals who participate in the activities and programmes hosted by Gravity Horizon and who use the devices, simulators and appurtenant equipment may experience symptoms of motion sickness, altitude sickness, claustrophobia and spatially disorientating effects. Persons with any health concerns regarding their suitability to take part in Gravity Horizon’s activities must obtain an approval by a medical doctor. It is the participant’s responsibility to discuss and investigate any concerns with a medical professional, and decide whether they wish to proceed with the programme.
Consent to processing of health information
1. Terms of Reservation, Payment and Billing
- Reservation must be made at least 30 days prior to programme start date
- A medical examination, FAA 3rd Class Medical Certificate or EASA Class 2 Medical Examination must be sent to Gravity Horizon before starting the programme
- Full payment of the balance is due prior to the start date for the programme together with copy of a valid passport as the participant’s identity must be verified and access to the premises be granted by the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (“FMV”) due to the programme being held on restricted military area. If payment and/or copy of valid passport are not received by this time, Gravity Horizon reserves the right to cancel the reservation and a cancellation fee shall apply as specified in Clause 2b below, on the same basis as if the participant had cancelled at that date.
- The fee payable by the participant is stated inclusive of value added or other sales tax, unless otherwise stated.
2. Cancellation Policy
- Following a reservation being made, any notification of cancellation must be received in writing by the Gravity Horizon via mail or e-mail to email@example.com.
- Should the participant wish to cancel, the following cancellation policies apply:
- More than 30 days prior to start date of programme:
Full refund of any payment made. Alternatively, by mutual agreement, the participant can choose to book on a programme run at a later date.
- Between 15-30 days to start date of programme:
50% refund of the full payment.
- Less than 15 days to start date of programme:
- Individuals must be 18 years or older, and must not weigh more than 108 kg in order to take part in the programme. The medical examination including ECG must have been performed in order to be accepted to the programme. Any remarks made by the AME (Aero-Medical Examiner) will be reviewed by the medical doctor appointed by GRAVITY HORIZON, who will decide on the applicant’s participation. GRAVITY HORIZON reserves the right to decline acceptance of any individual to participate in a programme, for any reason whatsoever, including where access to the premises where the programme is held is rejected by FMV. GRAVITY HORIZON also shall be entitled to remove any individual from the programme, where it considers this necessary (including where, in GRAVITY HORIZON’s assessment, the individual may be at risk of harm from their continued participation), and any refund of programme fees shall be at GRAVITY HORIZON’s discretion in such circumstances having regard to all relevant factors (including whether full disclosure has been made about pre-existing medical conditions).
- Any of the following conditions will lead to exclusion to participate in the Commercial Spaceflight Training:
- Cardiovascular diseases:
- Heart Failure, NYHA Class2, EF<50%, Pace Maker, ICD
- Atrial fibrillation and certain heart arrhythmias
- Anticoagulant treatment with for example Warfarin
- Acute spinal injury
- Psychotic disorders
Reservations cannot be transferred and under no other circumstances is GRAVITY HORIZON obliged or obligated to allow the transferability of a reservation. Any transfer is subject to GRAVITY HORIZON’s approval, and at its discretion.
5. Group Size
The Commercial Spaceflight Training has a minimum group size of 4 people unless otherwise stated by GRAVITY HORIZON. We reserve the right to cancel a booking without liability if the minimum group size cannot be achieved.
6. Programme Modifications
GRAVITY HORIZON reserves the right at any time to modify programme content and activities (including where necessary to ensure legislative or regulatory requirements are met), provided that the modifications do not substantially affect the programme being offered.
7. Programme material
Any documentation supplied by or on behalf of GRAVITY HORIZON (such as programme literature etc.) shall be used solely by the participant for the purposes of the programme and demonstrating that the programme has been completed, but no other use is authorised.
8. Programme Delays and Cancellation
GRAVITY HORIZON reserves the right to postpone or cancel a programme if GRAVITY HORIZON becomes unable to deliver the programme or other circumstances arise that GRAVITY HORIZON considers necessitate the programme being postponed or cancelled. If a programme must be cancelled or postponed, GRAVITY HORIZON will (at its option) provide either to re-schedule to another date for participants to attend or a full refund. The cancellation rights set out in Clause 2 above will apply in relation to any re-scheduled date. GRAVITY HORIZON shall have no other liability in relation to the delay and cancellation, and is not responsible for any costs or losses incurred by participants as a consequence, such as non-refundable or penalty carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees or other related expenses.
GRAVITY HORIZON has no liability to repay any programme fees where a participant fail to attend the programme, or leaves the programme partway through delivery of the programme.
The participant will be covered by GRAVITY HORIZON´s insurance during the actual training. Participants are responsible for all other personal insurances. Such insurances may be, but not limited to travel insurance etc. Participants need to consult their insurance providers in order to receive relevant information.
10. Use of personal information
11. Attendance at premises
The participant shall comply with any instructions and directions whilst undertaking the programme, including without limitation refraining from entering any areas or premises that GRAVITY HORIZON indicates the participant is not to access. Any violation could ultimately result in discontinuation of the programme.
GRAVITY HORIZON shall be entitled to terminate this agreement if the participant breaches any of the provisions of this agreement, including without any limitation making a false declaration of meeting the medical requirements for participation. In such circumstances, GRAVITY HORIZON is entitled to retain the full programme fees and, if full payment has not been made by the participant at that date, shall be entitled to invoice the unpaid sum.
Except in relation to liability that cannot be excluded or limited at law, GRAVITY HORIZON’s liability arising out of or in connection with this agreement (whether liability in contract, liability for negligence or any other legal basis for liability) shall not exceed in the aggregate for any and all claims the amount of the programme fee paid by the participant. The Release & Waiver of Liability, forms an integral part of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be illegal, void, voidable, invalid, unenforceable or unreasonable in whole or in part it shall, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidablity, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected. In such circumstances, the provision which has been held to be unenforceable shall be replaced with a provision insofar as is legally permissible, achieves the objective of the unenforceable provision.
Subject to Clause 6, no changes to these terms and conditions shall have effect unless a written agreement is entered into and signed by both parties.
Any disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be governed under the laws of Sweden.
17. Applicable Law
Each party irrevocably agrees that, subject as provided below, the courts of Sweden shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation. Nothing in this clause shall however limit the right of GRAVITY HORIZON to take proceedings against the participant in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings by GRAVITY HORIZON in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings by GRAVITY HORIZON in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
No failure or delay to resolve a dispute shall be deemed a waiver thereof.
19. Entire Agreement
RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Before participating in the Commercial Spaceflight Training, the following document must be completed. When participating in any GRAVITY HORIZON activities or being present upon the premises at which such activities are conducted, I, the undersigned:
- acknowledge, agree and represent that I am in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities (including centrifuge rides at elevated sustained G; altitude chamber experiences at lower than normal atmospheric pressure; and motion simulator experiences that involve sustained motions of pitch, roll and yaw and confirm that I have fully and truthfully declared whether I have any of the medical conditions that would render me ineligible to take part in the Activities and that I have no serious health issues or problems that present an abnormal, unusual or unreasonable risk of, or susceptibility to, injury. I further agree to notify GRAVITY HORIZON immediately if I suspect that my medical condition has changed in a way that may be detrimental to me participating in the Activities, and/or which have increased the likelihood of certain types of injury being caused. _________ (initials)
- fully understand that: (a) the Activities (as defined above) are such that involve increased and inherent risks and dangers of bodily injury (including injuries of a serious nature and death) and (b) that there may be additional risks, long-term and short-term, which are unknown and may be unforeseeable. I accept that these are risks are an intrinsic part of participating in the Activities and that I will not hold QinetiQ Sweden AB (or any other party involved in performing the Activities) responsible should these risks result in such injuries being sustained or death _________ (initials)
- fully understand that when participating in the Activities I may suffer bodily injury (including injuries of a serious nature and death) without it being possible to hold any other party, including but not limited to QinetiQ Sweden AB (or any of its group companies or representatives) liable or responsible therefore, and confirm that I have taken full account of this when deciding whether to take part in the Activities. _________ (initials)
- confirm that my participation in the Activities is voluntary and that I, through my signature of this Release and Waiver of Liability, acknowledge that I have decided to participate in the Activities participation after having been informed about the inherent and increased risks which are entailed in the Activities. ______(initials)
- confirm that I understand this Release and Waiver of liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of Sweden and any other applicable mandatory law. It is not intended that any of these statements are to be read as excluding or limiting liability that cannot be excluded or restricted under the laws of Sweden or any other applicable mandatory law, and if any portion of this Release and Waiver of Liability is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the remaining portion shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect and the invalid wording shall be replaced with wording that achieves, insofar as is legally permissible, the original intent of the invalid wording. _______ (initials)
This Release and Waiver of Liability is provided for the benefit of Gravity Horizon but may be relied upon by and company in the same group of companies as QinetiQ Sweden AB as well as any officer or representative or contractor of any such company and the owner of any facilities at which the Activities are undertaken.
Gravity Horizon, a Registered Trademark of QinetiQ Sweden AB (”GRAVITY HORIZON”, “we”, “us” or “our”) care about your privacy. GRAVITY HORIZON will therefore protect your personal data in the best possible way and comply with all applicable laws and regulations for the protection of personal data. We will preserve the secrecy of your relation to GRAVITY HORIZON and never disclose your personal data to anyone, for any purpose, not indicated in this document unless we are required to do so by law.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
QinetiQ Sweden AB, registration number 556802-4284, with offices at Nobymalmsvägen 3, 585 99 Linköping, Sweden, telephone number +46 8 660 86 00, email address firstname.lastname@example.org is responsible for the processing of your personal data (the controller).
What personal data does GRAVITY HORIZON process?
When you complete the reservation form you provide certain information about yourself to us. This includes your name, home address, city, country, mobile number, email address (“Contact Details”) as well as contact information to people to contact in the event of an acute situation (“Emergency contact information”). In order to assess your eligibility to take part in the activities provided by GRAVITY HORIZON you will be asked to provide certain information about your health in the health declaration in the reservation form, medical records, lab lists and results and consultation documents (“Health Information”). You may also provide information to us for other reasons when participating in the programme.
As the programme will be held on protected military property, we will require you to submit a copy of your passport to verify your identity. We will thus process the information included in the passport copy such as your date of birth, passport number and social security number or equivalent.
For what purposes does GRAVITY HORIZON process your personal data?
All collection and processing of personal data is for the purpose to administrate and fulfill our obligations to you and to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and decisions by authorities. Providing the Health Information and a copy of your passport is voluntary but are requirements to be eligible to participate in the Commercial Spaceflight Training.
Administration of your order and participation in the Commercial Spaceflight Training
GRAVITY HORIZON will process your Contact Details in order to be able to administrate your purchase, to fulfill our obligations to you as a customer and to handle a possible claim for right of withdrawal, complaints and similar. The legal basis for our processing is that it is necessary for us to fulfill the contract concerning your purchase. If the information is not provided to us GRAVITY HORIZON is unable to carry out the Space & Fighter Pilot Experience Programme or otherwise to fulfill our obligations to you.
GRAVITY HORIZON will process and use any Emergency contact information only in case of an emergency situation where GRAVITY HORIZON finds it necessary to contact your designated contact person.
The copy of your passport will be provided to the Swedish government agency the Defence Materiel Administration (“FMV”) for the purpose of FMV, in accordance with Swedish law, to verify your identity and to grant access to the restricted military area where Commercial Spaceflight Training is held. The legal basis of this processing is that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you.
Due to the special risks associated with participation in the Commercial Spaceflight Training, your Health Information will be used to evaluate your eligibility in the programme. Your Health Information will be shared by GRAVITY HORIZON with a medical doctor appointed by GRAVITY HORIZON for the purpose of conducting such evaluation. The legal basis for these processing activities is your consent.
Who can gain access to your personal data?
Other than indicated in the above, your personal data will only be processed by GRAVITY HORIZON and relevant companies in the QinetiQ Group. Our internal and external IT suppliers and any other suppliers GRAVITY HORIZON hire may get access to all the personal data GRAVITY HORIZON handle about you, but only to the extent necessary in order to fulfill their obligations in relation to GRAVITY HORIZON and under strict duty of secrecy and security requirements.
How does GRAVITY HORIZON protect your personal data?
GRAVITY HORIZON have taken several security measures to protect the personal data that is processed. GRAVITY HORIZON have firewalls and antivirus programs to protect and prevent unauthorized access to our network and systems. Our employees have strict instructions to handle all personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Only some of our employees have access to the facilities and systems where personal data is stored, and username and password is required to log into these systems.
GRAVITY HORIZON and our external IT suppliers process, as a main rule, your personal data only within the EEA. In the event that the data is processed outside the EEA, the processing is carried out solely in accordance with current data protection legislation.
For how long does GRAVITY HORIZON process your personal data?
Personal data that GRAVITY HORIZON process in order to administrate or to fulfill our obligations to you under the agreement will not be stored for longer than is necessary for us to administrate your order or fulfill our agreement. Health Information will be stored for up to 10 years, if a lawsuit is initiated within this time GRAVITY HORIZON reserves the right to save client information until the dispute is resolved.
For the purpose of bookkeeping, GRAVITY HORIZON store, in accordance with applicable accounting legislation, information about our agreement with you for seven years.
The copy of your passport will be deleted or destructed (if provided as a physical document) once you have been cleared for access to the area where the Commercial Spaceflight Training is held by FMV.
Your personal data may be stored longer than the above, to the extent GRAVITY HORIZON is required to do so by law, regulation or decisions made by authorities.
How can you affect our processing of your personal data?
At any given time, you have the right to withdraw all or part of a given consent on the processing of personal data. The withdrawal of consent may, however, have no effect on our processing of your personal data for the period prior up to the recall took place. You also have the right, at any time, to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, you have the right to gain access to information about the personal data GRAVITY HORIZON process about you and the right to request correction of your personal data.
You have, in certain circumstances, the right to request the deletion or restriction of your personal data or object to our processing. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority or other authorized supervisory authority who is supervising companies’ handling of personal data. If you want this information, you can request it by contacting us by mail or e-mail. Our contact details are stated above.
You are also entitled under certain conditions to receive personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format, and to transmit it to another controller (data-portability).